Today is my 39th birthday, the last year in my dirty 30’s, the countdown to being Over the Hill and I am cool with it. I feel young AF and enjoy life to fullest, so as they say age is only a number.
As a salute to the last year in my 30’s here is a list of 39 Fun Facts that you may or may not know about me.
1. I consider my self a Las Vegan, but I was born in Louisville, KY
2. I had my son when I was 20, so my husband and I are empty nesters before I am 40 (and my baby Daddy and I are still together)
3. I love Starbucks! I love the coffee and the City Series mugs I collect from places myself and my friends travel.
4. Brunch is my favorite weekend meal! Pass the mimosas!
5. I only have three piercings; I got my ears pierced when I was 6 and just got my nose pierced this year.
6. I love shirts with sayings on them, I probably have enough to wear a different one every day for a month. Refer back to #4 one of my favorite shirts says “Brunch So Hard”.
7. I have never been to New York City, but get to go in October!
8. I have two dogs; a yellow Labrador, Lilly and a Pug, Stella. Since I work from home I call them my co-workers.
9. I didn’t go to college until I was in my late 20’s.
10. I have kid sized hands.
11. I got to take a trip of a lifetime 3 years ago when I went to Europe for 26 days.
12. I could eat Mexican food every day.
13. My husband loves punk rock music and I love rap and country music. Opposites attract.
14. I love cheese! Mac & Cheese, cheese & crackers, nacho cheese, fondue cheese, ALL cheese
15. Louis Vuitton is my favorite high end purse brand and I like to collect limited edition bags.
16. I have a slight shoe addiction. I have a few towers of shoe boxes in my closet as tall a me.
17. I always had a love for George Burns, and got to see him for my 17th birthday at Caesar’s Palace when he was 99.
18. I saw Jack Johnson in concert in a parking lot of a little record store in Encinitas, CA.
19. Moscow Mules are my favorite cocktail. The rumors of drinking from copper mugs is bad for your health will NOT stop me!
20. The Denver Broncos are my team and I will not be joining Raider nation when they relocate to Vegas.
21. My husband & I are season ticket holders for the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels. Scarlet and Gray every day, even when we are having bad years!
22. I drank Hennessy in a hotel room at the Hard Rock with Bone Thugs & Harmony when I was 18.
23. I have a lot of nieces and nephews, but my brother doesn’t have any kids. My friend’s kids are my babies!
24. My Grandma lived a couple of blocks from Churchill Downs. So I grew up going to horse races. The Kentucky Derby is on my bucket list.
25. Chick Fil A and Whitecastle are fast food joints I grew up with in KY and now we have them in Vegas.
26. I record and watch The Young & The Restless every night.
27. I have a sensitivity to sugar and have to really watch my intake, because I have a major sweet tooth.
28. When I am drinking beer i usually end up with one in each hand and my nick name is “Double Fisted Annie”.
29. I have never had a cavity. Perks of being a dentist’s daughter!
30. Cala Lilies are my favorite flower. I fell in love with these flowers when I saw them in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.
31. I peed myself when I was doing a Devil Dash, because I drank too much water before the race to hydrate.
32. On my 30th birthday I slid on a chair in a hotel room in San Francisco and busted my lip on a side table. I biked across the Golden Gate Bridge and went to Outside Lands to see Jack Johnson looking like a hot mess. I still have a little scar to remind me.
33. Nordstrom is my second home, online and in store.
34. I love to cook, but I suck at baking, which is crazy because my Mom and Grandpa are bakers.
35. My great grandmother and my grandfather are buried at Cave Hill Cemetery in Louisville, KY. The same cemetery where Muhammad Ali and Colonel Sanders are buried.
36. I have never had a broken bone. (Knock on wood)
37. I am not a gambler, but I will throw $20 in a slot machine from time to time and I have hit ONE Royal Flush.
38. I have seen every Sex and The City Episode at least 10 times.
39. I get carded frequently and I attribute my youthful appearance to having great skin.
Now the countdown to the big 4-0 begins and I can’t wait to see what this last year of my 30’s has in store.